This role sits within the Finance Operations function within my clients finance team. This function provides financial process and accounting support to Group and the Group entities. The role is suitable for a strong accountant with an interest in financial accounting.
About the role
There will be involvement in the month end close to ensure the results are reported correctly under Group GAAP and balance sheet report production
The reporting accountant will be the source of expertise for matters relating to accounting policy interpretation.
You will play a key role in liaising with many stakeholders in the business!
The role will give you tremendous exposure to commercial and operational teams and allow you to provide value and insight to them.
- Balance sheet reporting and control
- Working with Group to understand financial performance and ensure transactions are correctly reported in the books.
- Understanding and interpretation of the financial accounting and reporting inputs and outputs of the Group
- Consideration of accounting for legal, contractual and constructive obligations and relationships
- Partner to the finance decision support and business partners to ensure integrity of reporting and application of the businesses accounting standards
- Driving improvement in the set up and use of profit centre, cost centre and reporting hierarchies
- Contribute to accounting decisions and treatments in the Group
- Understanding of the business to consider the impact of accounting policies, principles and new standards
- Contribute to IFRS15 accounting and reporting in Group Enterprise
- Produce accounting technical papers to a high standard on any accounting concepts, treatments and transactions
- Verification of certain balance sheet accruals and other balances
- Participate in balance sheet forecasting for cash flow forecasting
- Reporting of actual cash flows and understanding of variances to prior year, prior month, detailed budget and budget.
- Support core Finance with Month End activities; liaising with local markets as required
- Participate in the operation and documentation of key controls over the balance sheet and profit and loss account
- Support the quarterly financial and non-financial certification process
The right candidate
- Fully or part qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferable)
- Proficient in use of SAP (or similar)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and associated software
- Experience of IFRS accounting principles
- Good accounting knowledge
- Capable of applying IFRS standards in real world scenarios
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Capable of applying the IFRS standards into real world scenarios
- Expertise in navigating a complex accounting solution and the corresponding interactions between people, systems and data
- Ability to identify and clearly specify changes to systems/data/processes
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"