As Junior Graphic Designer you will assist the Senior Designer in delivering creative design solutions for use across various formats and media by developing a strong understanding of the company’s values and objectives and representing them within your designs.
You will work with members of the Design & Marketing teams on promotional campaigns, ensuring you understand the objectives of each campaign before delivering high quality, conversion driven design work. Including: national, regional and adhoc marketing campaigns, catalogues, mailers and in store material.
- Delivers creative designs solutions for use across various formats and media
- Managers their workload effectively
- Provides artwork with accuracy against the brief and within deadlines.
- Presents design work/concepts on a regular basis
- Works with the activity timeline and print services to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with agencies and suppliers and ensures effective communication
- Works alongside various departments to ensure consistency of work, including creative marketing.
- Regularly reviews competitor’s activities, keeping up to date with the latest trends & fashions
- When required assists in other business artwork requirements. Including artworking.
- Graphic design related degree or equivalent
- Ideally with retail/Marketing experience in a previous design related role
- Technical experience, end-to-end artwork, creative to print process
- Excellent Apple Mac skills – Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- A sound understanding of retail coupled with a good general commercial awareness
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Self-motivated, positive, hardworking
- The ability to work well under pressure and change
- Ability to work as part of a large commercial team
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.