Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer to join their team based in Alfreton. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Our client is both a business-to-business and business to consumer communications provider based in Derbyshire. As a leading independent unified communications specialist they have a range of national networks behind them. This ensures they retain the ability to deliver bespoke, flexible packages that not only provide their customers with the best coverage in the UK but also deliver amazing cost savings and customer services.
As their Junior Graphic Designer you will be working from 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required during busy/peak periods.
Main responsibilities of their Junior Graphic Designer
- Assist with the design and production of marketing communications (print and digital) pieces for a wide variety of jobs.
- Take direction from the Lead Designer to develop creative solutions and then translate those solutions through a variety of channels.
- Stay up to date with industry trends.
- Help to develop the business’ multiple brands.
- Proactively contribute ideas to create communications for marketing briefs.
- Work with internal business partners to ensure that a creative theme is maintained throughout the multiple brands.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Assist with the design of marketing communication pieces as directed by the Lead Designer, including overall theme development, individual piece designs, etc.
- Manage production of all print pieces from conception to completion.
- Partner with internal business partners as needed on the development of communications pieces.
- Attend press checks as needed.
- Maintain quality checks on all pieces.
- Follow all department purchasing and delivery policies.
- Creatively seek out new products and maintain cutting edge industry knowledge.
- Ensure all artwork goes through the relevant marketing approval channels.
- To assist with the monthly newspaper/brochure and distributed to stores.
- To ensure the internal Retail printing meets deadlines, and contribute towards this required (e.g. printing, picking and packing).
What they’re looking for in their Junior Graphic Designer
- At least a years’ experience in a graphic design role, or a related degree.
- Strong creative skills and a passion for design.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with HTML and motion graphics would be an advantage.
- Experience of layout and typography.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of brand campaigns from concept development (Story Boards) through to implementation.
- A great team player who can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Junior Graphic Designer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job