Junior Frontend QA Web Developer
Junior Frontend QA Web Developer - Costock (Near Nottingham)
Salary - £18,000 - £23,000 p.a plus excellent benefits package
Full-time, Permanent, Onsite
Our client based in Costock, they are one of the UK’s leading brand agencies, boasting an enviable portfolio of clients, regionally, nationally and internationally. A family-owned business with traditional family values has grown over the past 15 years by continuously investing in their staff and new technologies. They provide cutting edge solutions to their clients with the most up to date services that achieve their desired results.
An exciting opportunity has risen for a front-end / quality assurance web developer to join their growing team. The role will involve working at the forefront of the web design industry, involvement with growing the online offering of high-profile brands and ensuring that client needs are consistently met.
The job will require the successful candidate to have at least a year of professional experience and a portfolio to back this up. This role consists of three essential components:
- Front-end development
- Manual quality assurance (testing)
- Automation of quality assurance (testing)
You will be expected to play a significant role in the inception, planning, design, and implementation of design of websites and apps. From an aesthetic, but also functional perspective. You will need to be confident in meeting with a client and accurately extracting requirements and liaison with project managers to set out the necessary plans to execute the project as part of a team.
You will be expected to write requirements in Gherkin language to remove ambiguity and facilitate regression testing. As part of a team you should will perform following duties:
- Produce and review high quality clean code
- Focus on standards and accessibility e.g. W3C, good use of Atomic Design principles
- Create unit tests based upon Gherkin language and write code to implement build based upon those requirements
- Run regression tests and articulate to other developers issues identified
- Modelling of Human Computer Interaction (HCI), scenarios and personas
- Supporting existing client with front-end fixes and upgrade
- Communicating technical approach to mixed audiences, including clients
- Input SEO standard practice to web development for example following H tag hierarchy order, image alt tags, schema etc.
- Responsive and adaptive development experience
- Lighthouse testing and reporting for supported websites sent live to ensure the speed and user experience is as good as it can be
- Conversion of raw images and layouts from Invision into JQuery/SASS/CSS/HTML/TWIG themes
- Collaborating on design with UX and back-end team
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge in theming frameworks like Magento 2 or Drupal or WordPress
- Understanding / experience with using front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap
- PHP Templating (Drupal 7)
- Version control using git, git-flow
Compass / Gulp, JQuery Drupal behaviours, React, Flutter, Presto Shop theme layer, BrowserStack, BugHerd, Code Sniffer, Jenkins, Cypress, oWasp security, Docker
Commutable from Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Loughborough
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Frontend QA Web Developer HTML TWIG Gherkin Selenium Magento Drupal WordPress Bootstrap
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'