Junior Front End Web Developer
Location - London - role will trial as a hybrid position with 2 days a week office based
We have an exciting opportunity for a web developer with at least a one year of experience to join our team based in our London office.
If you are passionate about web development and you want to improve your skills and fulfil your potential, then we would love to hear from you!
You will be working alongside our rapidly expanding team of developers to enhance technology offerings. You will have the opportunity progress and learn new skills, on the job, by working with our experienced team members.
Excitingly, you will be responsible for developing new projects as well as the maintenance of the existing projects. You will also be manging your own workload and delivery so it is important that you can manage your time effectively.
All team members are key to developing new ideas and practices, so there will always be opportunities to pitch and integrate any ideas you may have.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Working closely with backend developers to display complex data in a meaningful way
- Maintaining the frontend application logic and design elements
- Working closely with the design team to come up with exciting new features
- Researching new technologies
- Integrating existing packages with the codebase; creating your own packages and building new tools (Webpack or Gulp)
- Ensuring the codebase meets cross-browser, accessibility and high-speed requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with a wide variety of technologies, including Vue.js (or similar), Vanilla JS, Responsive layouts/Grid, JS charting libraries (data visualisation), advanced JS/CSS animations
- Familiarity with a form of version control system, such as Git or TFS
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles
- Familiarity with package managers (NPM/Yam or Bower) and build tools
- Self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
What essential skills and personal qualities do you need to apply for this role?
- A passion for web development is essential
- At least one year of industry experience in a development role, with either a related degree or strong portfolio of work.
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'