Are you immediately available? Do you love TV? Looking for a role in finance?
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for an entry level role and wants to gain some valuable experience within a central finance team. This role will be supporting the FP&A function.
You will be expected to use Excel for most part of the role, so the ideal candidate will have solid experience with using Microsoft Excel. The finance team is relatively small therefore the ideal candidate can expect to get a greater range of exposure to other areas within finance.
We are in the business of telling stories. They may be stories about real people or made-up people, but our true talent is imagining, finding, cultivating and bringing to life the most entertaining parts of the human experience.
A+E NETWORKS UKrun a family of global TV brands broadcasting in the UK and EMEA. Our channels include History, H2, Lifetime, Crime+Investigation and new free to air channel, BLAZE. We are an ambitious and creative team who strive to build strong brands for our territories, whilst working closely with the Head Office in New York.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated and flexible thinkers who are great collaborators and always strive to discover what is next creatively. We are customer focused and sustain and build a diverse range of programme brands from Vikings and Crimes that Shook Britain to Dance Moms and Britain’s Next Top Model. A+E Networks UK foster an open and creative approach which is helping us to deliver ground breaking work.
A+E Networks UK is a progressive, friendly and fun place to work. We’re looking for professionals who are motivated and excited by challenge and driven to deliver results. We employ energetic, inspiring individuals who love to innovate and are passionate about the industry.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of a multi territory budget, forecast and 5 year plan consolidation, associated feeder models/backup.
- The management and manipulation of data (mainly in excel) from a variety of sources and currencies ensuring data integrity.
- Produce management reports and ad-hoc financial presentations.
- Assist in the development of clear, logical driver based Excel models for key budget holders with outputs for various stakeholders.
- Assist with the implementation of various finance system projects.
- Supporting the wider finance team.
- Provide analysis and assessment of performance against the agreed budget / forecast plans on a monthly basis.
- Perform data reconciliations.
- Support the FP&A & management team with key objectives.
- Strong academic background (2:1 degree) - ideally finance related.
- Ability to solve problems with a logical approach.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Analytical thinking
- Good Excel skills and willingness to learn further; Excel forms significant part of the role.
- Driven, self-starter seeking a challenge and willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Proactive, looking to continuously improve.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Embrace and anticipate change
- Invent for tomorrow
- Challenge the status quo
- Identify future trends and seize opportunities
- Be ambitious, don’t be afraid to aim for bigger and better
- Commit to your idea and run with it
- Embrace responsibility
- Everyone has a voice at all levels in the organisation
- Be brave, be daring - overcome obstacles
- Acknowledge mistakes and learn from them
FIGHT AS A FAMILY, WIN AS A TEAM
- Be passionate about your ideas
- Challenge, collaborate and unite
- Celebrate everyone’s success
- Build friendships - we work at our best when we’re in it together
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
- When you love what you do, your enthusiasm is infectious
- Be proud of our brand and bring it to life
- Channel your heart and passion into everything you do
- Let your personality shine
- Be honest with yourself and with others
- Champion differences in people
- Advanced Excel
- Financial Analysis
- Microsoft Excel