SCT/FT Lawyer - Recoveries- Property Risks & Coverage
Keoghs are seeking a Junior File Handler known in the firm as a SCT/FT Lawyer to join our PRC Bristol team.
Keoghs LLP is one of the leading insurance law firms in the UK and can rightly claim to be amongst the most dynamic in its sector. We now have an exciting opportunity for a talented insurance lawyer within the Property Risks & Coverage Team. This role is based in our Bristol office but flexible working is encouraged for the right candidate. The Recoveries sub specialist team work across the national offices but primarily from Bolton and Bristol. The SCT/FT team work collaboratively across offices so geographic location is not a crucial factor for this role.
The is a Claimant role and the successful candidate will handle a case of load of Household and Commercial Property recovery files which cover a cross section of perils from a selection of the team’s well known insurers up to a value of £25K typically.
• Initial review/report - considering funding, prospects of successful recovery and triage of claim
• Reviewing evidence
• Conducting investigations and establishing causes of action
• Instructing counsel and experts
• Legal research
• Drafting generally including letter of claim, claim form and particulars to commence proceedings
• Attending conferences and trials with counsel
• Dealing with routine correspondence
• Liaising with lay and insurer clients
• Engaging in settlement negotiations including consideration and
drafting of Part 36 offers
• Preparing pre-action and interim applications
• Preparing documents for trial
• Assisting with ADR (including mediation)
• Court appointments
• Conducting advocacy by telephone and in person
• Ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Previous experience in a Defendant or Claimant litigation firm
• An ability to prioritise workload and manage competing demands
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to work with case management systems
What we Can Offer You
A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway. Excellent flexible benefits including standard 35 hour week, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, working from home options, health cash plan plus many more…
- Commercial Litigation
- File Handling
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'