Junior Events Manager
Junior Event Manager - Job Description
Reporting to the Head of Events, the Junior Event Manager is responsible for planning and organising events and/or meetings for the organisation for the. He/she will also be responsible for all operational, implementation and post event activities as well as all interaction with Clients.
Key Result Areas
- Planning and organising world class events
- Continually evaluating, identifying and acting on areas for improvement
- Identifying further sales and cross selling opportunities
- Accurate, timely post event reporting
- Identify and suggest potential future training events
- Set up at the venue for event/course
- Organising event personnel/crew for event/course and where applicable catering
- Brief & manage crew & staff before and at event
- Ensure adequate testimonials/video testimonials/guest speakers/experts are present at event/course
- Create a schedule for event/course and distribute to relevant personnel
- Ensure all legals are covered [contracts, release forms, insurance, terms and conditions]
- Ensure all event admin is handled correctly including course confirmations, tickets, re-books, delegate queries
- Update/ensure manuals are created and correct
- Arrange printing of any hand-outs/manuals
- Arrange travel & accommodation for staff
- Liaise with internal department to ensure Marketing and sales are in line with the event/course
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers where required to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service.
- Work closely with internal team to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote the organisations brand.
- Maintain a calendar of events and implement a system that enables and anticipates long term planning and effective event management for meetings, conferences and events.
- Conduct research to identify current market trends and identify new opportunities for the organisation.
- Oversee all purchasing and costings for each event producing detailed KPIs for management. This is to include post event analysis, budget recaps & participant feedback to incorporate learnings into future plans
- Ensure speakers are briefed and prepared to provide effective presentations and materials.
- Trouble shoot and smooth issues relating to the successful execution of the event program that the company delivers.
- Conduct post and pre event debriefing sessions
- Develop event reports and distribute as required
- Experience in event management and staff management
- Proven negotiation skills with hotels and event vendors.
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication when dealing with other organisations.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skill
- Proven ability to take direction and input and develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve our goals.
- Ability to influence and coordinate the efforts of other team members in support of events.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management, organisational and leadership skills
- Ability to work late nights and weekend is compulsory
Taskmaster Resouces LTD are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy.
- Junior Events Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"