Junior Event Manager
My fantastic Peterborough based Client is looking to recruit a Junior Event Manager, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of an established Events Team. You will play an instrumental part in the Events. You will have the exposure to interact and support Clients. You will be responsible for the Operational, Implementation and all Event activities.
You Will Have:
- A background in Events ideally hospitality
- A flexible approach to working
- Have the ability to volunteer ideas for improvement
- Recognise and identify further Sales opportunities as well as cross-selling
- Accurately report on all Events
- Identify and suggest potential future events
- Highly organised with strong project management experience
- Proven negotiation skills with both Events and Hotels
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Experience in staff and event management
- Ability to work some late nights and some weekends (time off in lieu given)
You Will Be:
- Supporting the setting up of Events
- Organise all Event staff and Catering needed
- Ensure the schedule for the events is up to date and distributed
- Ensure all the event administration is correct, including all event handouts, tickets and queries are dealt with
- Update/ensure manuals are created and correct
- Arrange printing of any hand-outs/manuals
- Arrange travel & accommodation for staff
- Liaise with internal department to ensure Marketing and sales are in line with the event/course
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers where required to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service.
- Work in conjunction with internal teams to promote the brand.
- Conduct research to identify current market trends and identify new opportunities for the organisation.
- Oversee all purchasing and costings for each event producing detailed KPIs for management. This is to include post event analysis, budget recaps & participant feedback to incorporate learnings into future plans
- Ensure speakers are briefed and prepared to provide effective presentations and materials.
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"