We are currently seeking a Junior Estimator to join an innovative, well-established SME to join their existing team based in Farnham, UK. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review incoming enquiries and prioritise
- Take off quantities/sizes drawings, schedule accordingly
- Clarify any queries/discrepancies with contractor
- Decide whether to quote specified product or offer suitable alternative product
- Obtain project specific quotations from suppliers
- Prepare costings
- Prepare quotation drafts
- Set follow up tasks for BDM
- Assist BDMs with comprehensive hand over of secured projects to Project Manager
- Ensure job is set up correctly so that the Project Manager can raise applications for phased jobs easily and timeously
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Experience as an assistant estimator or within a similar role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Accuracy with numbers and measurements
- Methodically minded
- Curious and quick to learn
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines
- The ability to multi-task
- Construction industry experience desirable
Hours: Mon-Fri 7.30am - 4.30pm
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000
- + Bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunch daily
- Multi Tasking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'