This job has ended. Find similar jobs.

Junior Enterprise Architect / Solutions Architect - Highest Calibre MSP

Posted 4 January by Context Recruitment Limited Ended

Junior Enterprise Architect / Solutions Architect - Highest Calibre MSP

This architecture vacancy is with one of the most interesting and most well-regarded IT Service Providers / Consultancies in the UK. The position is a blend of Enterprise, Solution and Technical Architecture (technical architecture piece primarily concerned with applications ).

For an aspiring Enterprise Architect (with some experience or exposure to Solutions / Technical Architecture), this is a first-class opportunity to work with some of the best in the business. The business work in partnership with many household name brands, providing IT consultancy services, particularly within the domain of Cloud Services.

You will be joining a reasonably new and particularly high-calibre team, who own a consultancy engagement process covering Technology, Operational and Commercial matters.

TOGAF is the framework of choice, although this position is not the A-Z of the TOGAF set; 60% of the role would typically fall under the remit of an Enterprise Architect, with the remaining 40% split between Technical Architecture and Solution Architecture.

It is important to note that the Technical Architecture piece is concerned with Application Architecture; not generic OTT applications but more complex 'line-of-business’, bespoke applications, so while not an absolute necessity, it would be helpful to have a background in Application Delivery or Application Deployments and integrations, with experience in Application Architecture, from either an infrastructure or development point-of-view.

An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of the above. Given this is a reasonably uncommon skillset (!), it should be noted that the key requirements are experience with Solution Architecture and expsosure to some level of Application Architecture. The business / team are happy to coach, mentor and train an individual who may not possess experience with Enterprise Architecture.

The position will involve:

  • Working from home or client’s sites in the south of the UK (generally 1-2 days per week travel to client sites, with occasional nights away, although time at sites is not normally more than 2-3 hour workshops so travel is incorporated into your day). The business has an office in London should you prefer not to work from home.
  • Running workshops with key stakeholders and tech teams, presenting findings back to clients at regular intervals.
  • Auditing, assessing and analysing clients current-state architecture, covering platforms and infrastructure applications.
  • Production of high standard documentation, detailing findings, analysis and recommendations.
  • Presentations to customer stakeholders, including operational and senior executive teams
  • Delivery of multiple, concurrent workstreams.

A strong desire to assist enterprise scale organisations with strategic transformation projects is of course a requirement.

This will be a particularly rewarding position, where you will ultimately be serving as Chief Architect on engagements, assessing current state, designing target state and then handholding the business though-out the whole transition phase.

The business have an extremely strong EBITDA and are currently looking for strategic takeovers. Staff are looked after well and offered accommodation in excellent hotels, train travel / flights are first class where possible and there are numerous social events in the calendar.

A genuinely interesting architecture vacancy working with a top performing consultancy offering very definite routes for career progression.

Required skills

  • Application Architecture
  • Architecture
  • Technical Architecture
  • Solution Architecture
  • Enterprise Architecture

Reference: 34139359

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job