Job Title: Junior Energy Consultant (National)
Location: Cardiff / National
Job Sector: Energy/Sales
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000 PA (DOE)
Job Reference: SS/19743
About the Company:
A leading renewable energy management solutions provider, working with clients in both the public and private sectors in order to assist the government in achieving its target to produce15% of all energy generated from renewable sources by 2020. They provide an 'unmatched’ bespoke, total utility service offering under one roof with the goal of creating long term value for their clients.
About the Role:
- Working within the energy efficiency division, you will contribute to the company’s energy consultancy services; identifying, evaluating and developing energy saving opportunities within the clients’ operations. You will undertake calculations, analysis, report writing and support client site energy surveys.
- You will work alongside experienced Energy Consultants using existing calculation and reporting tools and templates, as well as contributing to the development of new tools and templates.
- You will be required to travel to client sites within this role.
- Clients will be existing national accounts - many of which will be large corporate businesses.
- This is a graduate level role which will include full training and support the achievement of chartered engineer status.
More Specific Duties Will Include:
- Analysis, benchmarking and disaggregation of the energy consumption of client sites
- Obtain and evaluate technical data on energy consuming equipment
- Energy saving calculations for standard efficiency measures
- Drafting of reports
- Accompanied surveys of client sites
- Support the development of calculation tools and templates for energy consultancy
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- In order to be considered for the role of Junior Energy Consultant, you must possess the following:
- A relevant Energy, Engineering or Physical Sciences Degree (desirable)
- A full, clean UK driving license
- A basic understanding of electrical principles (voltage, current resistance, inductance, capacitance etc)
- Effective time management abilities
- Experience of analysing and manipulating data
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Strong numerical abilities
- Experience of using energy or building services modelling packages would be desirable (e.g. RETscreen, SBEM, IES, TAS)
- A salary basic salary of up to £28,000 PA
- Share scheme
- Much more
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.