Junior Electronics Technician
Location: Hertfordshire, SG1 2BH
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 Depending on Experience
About the company:
Since 2004 our client has been entirely focused on deploying the most durable display systems all over the world. They offer an unrivalled one-stop service to transform the most challenging mass transit and high footfall retail sites into stunning digital screen environments. They are currently looking for a Junior Electronics Technician to join the team.
They believe this role may suit a recent college leaver or ex-service personnel looking for first or second step on a career path, as this role will have opportunities to grow the position. This does not preclude any other candidate but is merely as a guide to assist in the candidate selection process, the overriding requirement is for an open mind and willingness to learn.
Duties of the Junior Electronics Technician:
- Aiding the design of the internals of the custom display assemblies, with an emphasis of design for manufacture and design for serviceability.
- Assisting the design and drawing up of all internal cables, and other internal parts of the system.
- Identification of areas for improvement of new and pre-existing products. Research of new products and methods.
- Assisting the design of the externals of the products, again with the emphasis on ease of manufacture and service.
- Software – development of software requirements
- Creating new and updating existing build instructions/user manuals to latest specification
- Administration – maintain relevant records for the products – bill of materials, drawings, engineering change requests, and similar.
- Maintaining records as required for the ISO system.
- Working with production to resolve technical issues on current product and historical products.
- Liaising with other areas of the business, projects, sales, operations to ensure the design meets all the expected criteria, both from the customer’ perspective and the business’s
- Liaising with customers to assist in the formation of a complete product specification.
- Working with suppliers both to avail them of their exact requirements, and to answer any queries.
- Assisting in maintaining a clean working environment, by cleaning work areas at regular intervals.
- Maintaining safe working environments by following relevant H&S procedures, and advising of any issues or improvements.
Requirements of the Junior Electronics Technician:
- Candidates will ideally be able to work as part of a high performing team, and have experience in a production/workshop environment.
- Technical Qualifications (C&G, NVQ, ONC, HNC, etc) would be helpful but a logical mind and the willingness to learn is the more important attribute.
- Computer Literate – Ideally a good understanding of MS office and some CAD experience would be advantageous. Further Cad training may be offered to the right candidate after a probation period.
- Ideally have full driving licence and preferably access to a vehicle.
- Be self-motivated, willing to find jobs required to be done, even during quiet periods between projects, i.e. not reliant on instructions from above.
- Flexible working attitude, as at times may be asked to work extra hours, overnight visits, overseas work potentially for extended period (weeks), and in other areas of the business, if the business deems this necessary.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to liaise with all levels of staff, suppliers, customers or management.
Junior Electronics Technician Benefits
- 22 days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Continued Professional Development and Career Progression
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Junior Electronics Technician role is right for you then please apply today!