Electrical Design Engineer required to work on up-coming projects for our clients’ worldwide customer base, within a growing design department.
The successful candidate will be a graduate with academic and practical qualifications, or equivalent experience. You will have some experience of electrical systems design, efficiently capturing in AutoCAD Electrical design software. Interpreting customer requirements and engaging with Classification societies to ensure the design meets their stringent demands. Engaging with suppliers to ensure the most appropriate and cost effective solutions are chosen, then generation of Bills of Materials for the effective procurement of materials to meet scheduled build programmes.
Working as part of a design team, you will work under the direction of the Senior Industrial design Engineer where the key responsibilities are:
Support the senior Electrical Design Engineer, delivering timely and accurate electrical design documentation and drawings to support procurement and production for New Build and Services projects.
- Generate and issue production ready drawings, including schematics, arrangements and detailed manufacturing/engineering drawings using AutoCAD Electrical and Autodesk Inventor
- Configure and program electronic systems such as PLCs, displays and fire alarm systems
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide technical support to the production teams
- Participate in other design office tasks, including support to sales activity
Desirable requirements are:
- Experience within an industrial automotive or marine engineering design electrical/electronic environment
- Understanding of common production processes relating to electrical and electronic systems
- Experience of integrating AutoCAD Electrical designs within Autodesk Inventor
- Programming experience with VB, C++ and PLC systems
- Knowledge of CANBUS protocols for engines and navigation equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job