We are currently searching for a Junior dot.net Developer to join us in our IT department. You could work on automated solutions for our warehouse, analytical forecasting systems for our buying teams, developing new features for our EPOS system, developing in-store applications and kiosks for our retail team, and much more. We are a very data oriented company therefore strong sql and database programming skills are a must.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge.
- Agile Development Process.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Develop, test and implement code to departmental standards.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Produce just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of defects.
- Some international travel
- Willingness to learn new technology such as Artificial Intelligence, automation or robotics
- Work closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery
Essential Skills / Experience:
- WebAPI and/or WCF
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ / T-SQL & Stored Procedures
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Windows Forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Git
- Oracle PL-SQL
Working in a highly skilled team and working closely with Network and Database teams as well as Systems you can quickly and efficiently deliver your solutions without the bureaucracy that you find in many large-scale organisations. IT at SportsDirect is delivered by the in-house team who are passionate about what they do and are not dependent on outsourced organisations to deliver the core systems. We present an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver the absolute best that they can.
There is a wealth of opportunity for training as well as on the job learning.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'