A leading Hampshire (Basingstoke) based financial services company seek a Junior DevOps/ Application Developer responsible for building strategically important enterprise applications, within an Agile environment. Experience within scripting and automation for process streamlining is a key.
As the Junior DevOps Developer / Application Developer - .Net / Cloud (Azure) - Octopus / Puppet, your primary responsibility will be to streamline and re-engineer delivery processes, through scripting and automation and strong communication and collaboration with others.
Additionally as the Junior DevOps Developer / Application Developer - .Net / Cloud (Azure) - Octopus / Puppet, you will have responsibilities to develop layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering quality products is essential.
Responsibilities for the Junior DevOps Developer / Application Developer - .Net / Cloud (Azure) - Octopus / Puppet, role:
- Delivery process streamlining or re-engineering, through automation.
- Definition, implementation and support for CI/CD pipelines.
- Coding or scripting automation capabilities.
- Implementation of automation techniques to measure and deliver quality, raising standards.
- Translate user stories into functional applications, using Agile practices.
- Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, scalable and reliable code.
Skills for the Junior DevOps Developer / Application Developer - .Net / Cloud (Azure) - Octopus / Puppet, role:
- Excellent experience of designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines (TFS, Jenkins, Dockers/Containers).
- Strong ability to code and script.
- Excellent understanding and experience of automation tools (Puppet, Octopus, Infrastructure as Code).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Good knowledge and experience of implementing cloud based solutions (Azure).
- Experience and skills to integrate and automate business processes between interdependent applications that run on different systems.
- Experience of automation techniques to measure and deliver quality, raising standards.
- Data management skills.
- Proficiency in C# or VB.NET, .NET framework and web based technologies.
- Enterprise scale relational database management systems (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming and principles.
- Experience of using automated testing platforms and automated unit tests (TDD/BDD).
- Application Development
- Software Development
- Windows Azure
- Agile Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job