Junior Development Engineer
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, whilst having a solid grasp of the background technical theory. There is scope for development within the role, making it equally appropriate for graduate entry applicants or engineers in the early stages of their career.
• Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
• Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
• Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
• Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments.
• Analytical, evidence driven approach
• Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
• Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable.
• Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
• Familiarity with the following would be advantageous:
o basic scripting languages such as lua
o CAD packages such as CREO
o analytical tools such as Mathcad
o modeling packages such as Comsol at a sufficient level to communicate ideas
Experience & Qualifications
• Engineering Background (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive) or Science (Physics) discipline
• Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
• Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team