Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
Uniserve has invested in a suite of Microsoft products, including SharePoint, BizTalk SQL Server and Microsoft Office technologies (including 365) in implementing its 'One World' global operating platform, serving hundreds of communities world-wide in managing end-to-end supply chains.
Uniserve is offering an excellent opportunity for a relatively inexperienced but necessarily a technology enthusiast who would like to further their career in developing business solutions using state-of-the-art Microsoft technologies. Uniserve will provide the necessary training and guidance to support the individual's career development. This is likely to be a graduate or someone with a few years experience in information technology and can demonstrate their interest in engineering. This does not necessarily have to be IT related but for example could demonstrate interest in say; mechanical, electronic or civil engineering
The successful candidate:
- will support the development of the One World platform and the business solutions created on this platform. This will include; creating and configuring the respective Microsoft technologies, specifying XML/XSD/XSLT, form development, developing web services and document patterns using .net/C# and developing web forms.
- will be expected to engage in the full development lifecycle of business solutions based on the One World platform, from creating outline requirements, developing site and form prototypes, through to the testing and implementation of completed business solutions.
- is required to be self-driven in extending their IT knowledge and have an exceptional interest in developing technology, using complex business platforms to realise business requirement. The candidate therefore must have good analytical and problem solving skills as well as being able to organise and manage project deliverables.
- will need to be able to formulate requirement and frequently work unattended in delivering project deliverables.
Although not essential any experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Microsoft SharePoint;
- Microsoft BizTalk;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- XML Standards, including XSD creation and maintenance, XSLT;
- Microsoft Office Applications, with particular skills and expertise in Microsoft InfoPath;
- Web services;
- .Net and C# programming;
The candidate should:
- Have a good command of English both oral and written;
- Be a good team player, sharing and working collectively with all stakeholders and team members;
- Be a thought leader, quickly understanding challenges presented and offering solutions with clear justification for recommendation;
- Have the ability to liaise with both external and internal parties in a professional and eloquent manner striving for total customer satisfaction;
Knowledge of supply chain processes although not essential would also be an advantage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job