Junior Developer (web, .NET)
£20,000 - £30,000 p.a. + benefits
(Dependent on experience)
37.5 hours per week
Our client is an accredited organisation specialising in the analysis of data. They use a mature, market leading, cloud-based, big data platform that enables performance evaluation, target setting and self-evaluation tools to their clients.
Alongside this, our client carries out research within their client's sector with the objective of making improvements.
Their business has grown substantially over recent years and they are now working with an increasing number of international customers.
As part of their ambitious plans for the future, they are now looking to expand their applications development team.
Our client is looking for a talented junior developer to join the team either from University or someone looking to build a long career in software development. This is an exciting time to work with the company as they are continuing to invest in their product by expanding the range of features for customers, improving the platform and exploiting cloud technologies including serverless, big data and machine learning. You will be self-motivated, passionate about technology with the ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies.
The development team works with the business to understand customer requirements and design and implement innovative and robust software solutions. The role will be based in main offices in Cowbridge (South Wales).
Reporting to a Senior Developer with mentoring from the wider team, you will be involved in the design, implementation and maintenance of product features and platform enhancements. The key responsibilities for this post are to:
- Build scalable, high performance, robust technical solutions that meet business requirements as part of a team
- Liaise with product designers, solution architects, project managers, data analysts, testers and product management to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and developed on time and to a high-quality standard
- Maintain existing software modules and develop new, modular features using established processes, standards and integration methods
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Minimum 1-year, full stack, web application development including:
- Mid-tier service development (Web Services, Web API, C#)
- Database development (SQL Server)
- Developing on Windows and Linux platforms (but we will provide training)
- Rapidly build prototypes for new ideas and products to prove concepts and validate designs
- Some experience using Microsoft development tools including Visual Studio
- Good documentation skills
- Strong analysis, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Any experience developing on cloud-hosted platforms (Preferably AWS)
- Any relevant IT, Computing or Programming qualifications or certifications
- Any AWS Certifications (or desire to gain)
- Experience of JS frameworks such as require.js, knockout.js, SignalR, Angular, React
- Testing and QA processes
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including AWS, serverless, big data and machine learning
- Generous benefits package and some flexible working
- Non-contributory pension scheme with employer contributions set at 9%
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Life Assurance & Group Income Protection Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Career development opportunities
- Training to help keep your skills up to date
- Great location and enjoyable working environment within a friendly team
- Free office refreshments (fruit, biscuits, tea & coffee)
- Free all-day parking within walking distance to the office
- Play your part in improving the life chances of young people
- Join a company that values and appreciates our employees
The successful applicant will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter
- Database Applications
- Software Development
- Web Applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job