Do you want to take your career to the next level with the UK’s largest sports retailer?
We are currently searching for a Junior Database Administrator to join us in our IT department. This is an important and exciting role within the team. Currently consisting of 6 core individuals skilled in database infrastructure, administration, and development; and business intelligence; the data engineering team is fully responsible and accountable for provisioning, administrating, supporting, and maintaining data sources across the Group for any scenario.
Recent strategic initiatives and projects facilitated by the rapid expansion of the Group include a new state-of-the-art cloud-based enterprise data warehouse, reporting and business intelligence platform; as well as a new global warehouse management solution to support warehouse automation.
Assignments will vary based on the experience of the candidate and can vary from provisioning and administrating a new data source, to data wrangling and performance-tuning infrastructure. The team work alongside the business analysis, and technical teams to provide consistent data and infrastructure, regardless of the scenario.
We’re looking for someone who has good fundamental skills, can learn on the job, appreciates the uses of data, and can communicate with non-technical users.
Key Aspects of this role:
- Collaborate with, and support the business analysis, and internal development teams with ingestion, wrangling, preparation, and processing of various new, and existing data sets
- Communicate the progression of data sources and pipelines to technical teams
- Engineer data using SQL and related programming languages / principles into complex situations for business applications
- Play a role in the maintenance of knowledge repositories, and the transfer of such to wider members of the IT department
- At least one years’ experience in / exposure to SQL-Server, Oracle; or both
- Proficient in writing SQL
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience in / exposure to any other analysis or visualisation tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc
- Ability to analyse data and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical peers
- Experience in retail is a plus
- Knowledge of the MS BI stack is a plus
- Exposure to Azure is a plus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'