Junior Data / Solutions Architect - Reading, Market Rates + Fin Serv benefits
"A great career progression opportunity into Data & Solution Architecture within the Financial Services industry!"
The Junior Data Architect will be a member of a team of consultants and architects designing information management solutions using traditional and big data techniques.
Key responsibilities include:
The Junior Data Architect is responsible for the design of the Data Integration, Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics. This will include the definition of standards, policies and procedures, application of standards to projects / applications and building of an artifact library for reference by development teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models/definitions to support the business requirements or our client’s transformation programmes
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross-system integration, interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise view of organizations data needs
- Aligning with architecture and development teams to execute and implement agreed-upon standards, best practices and policies.
- Lead business subject matter experts through identification and definition of forecasting projects data issues, documenting results of analysis
- Identify data requirements and related KPIs, metrics, etc; perform and document data source gap analysis
- Work with MIS team to design data warehouse and DataMart structures
- Liaise with peer architects and leverage best practices across architecture areas
Training and educating both colleagues and suppliers on architecture, solution design patterns, standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with, or understanding of, data modelling techniques including both OLTP and dimensional modelling
- Experience architecting complex data integration solutions and knowledge of major data integration patterns.
- Understanding of traditional and modern data management disciplines.
- Understanding of enterprise data warehouse and data marts.
- Knowledge of Financial Services, particularly Banking, is a preference
- Experience architecting data integration solutions involving Big Data and Hadoop.
- Demonstrated experience with Talend suite of data integration, data quality and other ETL-related solutions.
- Experience architecting solutions with BizTalk platform is a plus.
In return a competitive salary with fantastic Financial Services benefits is available.