Our client is a successful multi national soft commodity trading company based in London. They are looking to add a skilled researcher who specialises in statistics and data modelling.
The company’s Research Team is based in London with sub teams in our origin offices across the World. The team provides research to the cocoa, coffee, cotton and other businesses within the Group. The Research department is tasked with providing detailed supply & demand analysis for each specific commodity. In addition to existing fieldwork and survey operations, the team is currently actively developing a modern data science capability.
As part of the data science development, we are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to take ownership of a number of projects which serve to enhance our research offering. A number of the projects will be focused on data engineering (e.g. designing and deploying a modern data warehouse) with the remainder focused on developing machine learning models to derive actionable insights (e.g. predicting regional crop production using meteorological and geospatial data).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue developing skills relevant to the role through the provision of targeted training courses.
- Support colleagues with data engineering projects (developing and maintaining databases, ETL pipelines, dashboards), to ensure that commodity analysts across departments have access to the highest quality data. The team is in the early stages of modernising their approach, so the role will be instrumental in designing our infrastructure from an early stage.
- Have full ownership of the lifecycle of data science projects; transforming your own ideas into production-ready machine learning models that generate high quality, actionable insight.
- When required, address external requests for data and/or presentations.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have a degree (or equivalent qualification / experience) in Maths, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering (or similarly highly numerate subject) or work experience in a similar role.
- An MSc or equivalent in an related subject would be an advantage.
- Ideally some relevant work experience working closely with handling & analysing data.
- Able to articulate complex information and explain technical data to a non-technical audience.
- A curious and innovative approach to data and problem solving, with an interest to explore areas of research leading to actionable insights relevant to the business core of trading commodities & agriculture.
- Able to confidently program in Python (using libraries like Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib) or R, etc.
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Linux/Shell Scripting experience would be advantageous.
- Some experience in designing databases and developing ETL pipelines would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and running data science projects using AWS, Google Cloud or Azure also advantageous.
- Analytical Modelling
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'