Junior Data Scientist - Audience Insights
Junior Data Scientist – Audience Insights
** Global Media Agency **
- HUGE training and development opportunities across data science and analytics
- Chance to learn analytics techniques and tools from media partners such as Google, Facebook and Adobe
- Using R and Python within this statistical role
LOCATION - Central London
SALARY - £25k - £32k plus benefits
We are hiring for a Data Analyst to work within the R&D, Data Science and Automation team of this global media agency.
This role will be supporting on the growth and development of the data science offering for a variety of local and international clients, through delivering complex audience segmentations and associated analytical services.
You will work under a very credible Director, who has a strong heritage in media agency analytics and work amongst a wider team of experts who deliver research & insight, cultural trends and reports and data visualisation.
The role is focused on working with large volumes of raw data, using coding skills to cleanse, tabulate and build segmentations for clients, using R or Python. Additionally you will work consultatively with clients to shape solutions which might include connecting segmentations into programmatic buying platforms (for example), as well building audiences for clients and integrating 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources to provide context and additional opportunities for exploratory insights work.
There are already lots of live projects to get involved with, and the hiring manager is very open minded as to your background and where you might have comes from, but fundamentally we need a statistical analyst, who is interested in working with classic market research sources coupled with emerging data sources to provide insights and segmentations to clients around audience behaviour. A great way to diversify your current analytical skill set within an incredibly sophisticated and data rich environment.
Finally, you should also be commercially minded, naturally curious and eager to constantly deliver the best possible solutions to a business problem.
Clients include global automotive, travel and FMCG brands, so you will be involved in some diverse and exciting projects.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science
- Proven coding experience using R or Python, to intermediate level at least
- Background in analysing data from multiple sources (customer, digital, web, app), to build a picture or specifically an audience for end clients, providing actionable insights also
- Ideally experience in building segmentations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at writing SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings to non-technical audiences
- Interested in consumers and their behaviour, able to tell a story from the data
For further information or to apply please contact:
Kate McDermott - Managing Consultant @ Blue Pelican Marketing
Share through your CV to
Text me on
Share through your LI profile if you’re non-active and simply curious
You don’t have to have a CV to find a new job! We’re always keen to talk to good data experts.
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'