Junior Credit Controller
JOB ROLE: To maximise cash flow and minimise working capital by ensuring prompt payment of sales invoices. To chase progress of sales invoices and resolve initial queries with Hawkins clients between days 14-18 in line with internal credit control policy.
- Follow the company’s standard credit control policy and procedures on routine chasing by email.
- Maintain the credit control logs on all overdue invoices by recording in writing any correspondence, in a manner suitable for providing evidence to court if necessary.
- Provide Forensic Investigators with records of paid invoices for their case files.
- Deal with payment queries or disputes from clients in conjunction with the relevant Forensic Investigator; arranging credit notes as required.
- Assist with the other work of the Accounts Department when particularly busy.
- Keep under review the company’s credit control policies and procedures and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Work together with the other members of the Accounts Department to provide a comprehensive, accurate and timely service to the rest of the company.
- Maintain good client relationships by liaison with Forensic Investigators on credit control matters, particularly disputes.
- Contribute to marketing information by keeping the Marketing team informed of any serious invoice disputes with clients.
- A good standard of education, with good written and spoken English
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics, Grade A-C
- Formal qualifications and/or training in credit control are welcome but not essential.
- At least 2 years working in a credit control environment or a sales /call centre
- Knowledge of credit control procedures, cash collection techniques, sales ledger and general accounts
- Familiarity with Sage accounting software is useful but not essential as training will be provided.
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Accurate when working under pressure
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Firm and persistent
- Able work independently as well as part of a team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job