The Credit Controller is responsible for the Credit Control of any division within EiPP The division is headed up by a Divisional Director and comprises up to eleven Regional Managers. The Credit Controller will work to MSOP’s and actively demonstrate the Company’s vision and values to manage the Companies exposure to bad debts.
Who are we?
We are the largest pub company in the UK, with over 4,500 properties that are predominantly run as leased and tenanted pubs. We aim to partner with entrepreneurs passionate about pubs, by granting leases and tenancies to the best publicans. We recruit high quality, commercially minded managers for our managed pubs, as well as collaborating with experienced experts in the pub industry.
Our people are talented in a wide range of disciplines and our shared values of respect, service, innovation, collaboration and drive for results help guide us in the work we do every day and how we do it.
- Manage credit problems of both a short-term and long-term nature. The Credit Controller should support all publicans, but be assertive when appropriate
- Control bad debts by ensuring that the company does not take undue financial risks or non-commercial decisions, ensuring that potential debts are addressed quickly, by applying the Company values and appropriate actions taken to recover arrears, prior to publicans leaving their pubs
- Maintain supplies to our pubs within agreed and documented procedures
- Regularly review accounts on refer, credit limits and allocate cash
- Cover other regions where required during absence (sickness/holidays)
- There must be regular telephone discussions with the publican and the RM responsible and use the escalation process where applicable
- Agreed actions must be documented in writing, which must include notes on the account.
- Promote the use of the direct debit method of payment and processing of other payment methods. E.g. debit cards
- Ensure Navision records are accurate and up to date
- Liaise with Loss Prevention Managers regarding charges levied for buying out of EiPP supply chain
- Review of direct debit previews to compile accurate direct debit collection amounts and amend when necessary
- Manage the volume of both incoming and outgoing calls
Location : Head Office
Status: Full Time / Temporary role to cover maternity leave for 6 / 9 months
- Competitive salary
- Holiday - 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Death in Service
- Share Scheme(s)
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and onsite catering
- Account Manager
- Credit Control