Junior Controls Engineer - £25 - £28K + great benefits
Are you Degree qualified in Electronics/Systems/Automation Engineering? Would you be interested in a career as a Controls Engineer? Do you want to work for a world leading development, design & manufacturing company with clients in over 150 countries?
Working in a dynamic team of 15 you will learn how to design electrical and pneumatic control systems for various ranges of machinery to international electrical and safety standards. Practical hands-on experience with wiring best practices. Develop into writing software and commission machinery either on-site or at customers’ factories.
This brand new opportunity offers an excellent package made up of; competitive basic + regular overtime + travel incentive payments together with great company benefits such as; training, free parking, ½ day Fridays + much more, based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Junior Controls Engineer:
- Design of control systems for standard and bespoke packaging and labelling equipment using various CAD packages.
- Creating bills of materials.
- Entering parts into internal database
- Answering technical questions from shop floor staff.
- Software development and commissioning.
- Assist spares department and customers with technical queries.
- Meet deadlines set by line manager
- Offsite commissioning of equipment, including overseas travel.
Personal Attributes of the Junior Controls Engineer:
- Relevant qualifications within Electronics/Systems/Automation/Computer Science
- Willing to learn
- Excellent work ethic
What’s in it for you?
- Salary = £25K - £28K Basic + Overtime and travel incentive payments (see below)
- Hours = 37.5 per week - 08:00 to 17:00 hours Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 12:30 hours Friday
- Regular overtime available (10/20 hour per week)
- Daily travel incentive payments (£150 per day whilst abroad)
- Pension scheme to which the Company contributes
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee during breaks and lunch
- Sodexo benefits scheme - childcare vouchers; cycle to work; discounts at various national supermarkets and stores; employee assistance program.