Junior Consultant/Project Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, diverse and successful team. The role of a Junior Consultant in the GSS team is varied and challenging, encompassing a wide range of different types of work.
As one of the Junior Consultants in the GSS UK team, the successful candidate will operate as a project manager with a focus on delivery and day-to-day client management. The role is primarily client and market facing, supporting our multinational clients in the delivery of consulting services to the headquarters and global coordination of local consulting and broking services in the area of medical and other insured benefit programs for their employees around the world. Key tasks associated with this role will be:
Coordinating services to headquarters
Working with senior consultants to:
- Act as the day-to-day client contact to provide updates on local country activities and proactively identify and escalate issues.
- Provide proactive advice around the opportunities to optimize the way benefits are managed globally (effective use of local resources, brokers, consultants, third party providers).
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, market practice or otherwise, to identify issues that clients should be addressing.
- Support the use of WTW technology to help clients to maximize the value from the information collected.
- Identify opportunities for integrating our services with other consulting services offered by Willis Towers Watson and working with Senior Consultants to support the reaslisation of those opportunities.
Coordinating local consulting and local broking services
- Work with our offshore support centres to ensure updates to the status trackers and population of data in the appropriate benefits inventory tool or databases;
- Effectively manage projects using established project management tracker and technology to deliver a successful project across all countries;
- Work with relevant parties to ensure local broker-of-record letters (or similar) and statements of work are in place;
- With support from our offshore support centres, engage in dialogue with in-country consultants/brokers as needed, to ensure local issues are resolved;
- Participate in regular (as necessary) calls both internally and with the client to communicate progress and resolve outstanding matters;
- Review local broker reports and other communications to ensure consistency of style and message, as appropriate;
- Deal with issues that arise, and escalating as appropriate;
- Ensure that wider client team is kept appraised of issues and brought in to conversations as necessary;
- Develop regional financial and stewardship reports, as required
Critical to success will be that the right insured benefits are secured on time, at the right price, with the best provider in all countries and that the communication with the client is frequent open and clear.
The candidate does not have to experience of delivering similar assignments, although such experience working within employee benefits, reward, insurance or HR Admin could be valuable. In addition we are looking for candidates with:
- A positive and friendly approach to work
- A keen desire to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and good organisational abilities
- An aptitude for managing multiple stakeholder groups
- A keen interest in the International benefits arena.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in teams, including remotely with colleagues in other countries
- Strong desire to deliver to clients' high quality results, consistently and a proactive approach to working with clients.
- The ability to deal positively with change
- Comfortable in working in a global environment
- The ability to use MS Excel to manipulate and analyse data, as well as a working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Furthermore, you will be given a good level of autonomy from an early stage, including a high level of trust to work independently, flexibility in working patterns.