Junior Construction Planner
Macildowie are recruiting for a Junior Construction Planner. The main responsibilities of this role are to support and assist the Planning function in the development, implementing and close management of multiple project programmes.
Regular updating of construction programmes and daily reports, advise of slippage and delay risks to each project.
Be a key player in construction phases of New build contracts, working across all business functions including: Design, Manufacturing and Construction.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and update programmes to reflect actual and forecast positions with progress / resource / cost data.
- Develop the Project / Programme using network and critical path analysis techniques. Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development.
- Interface with design, manufacturing and construction delivery teams and other third parties in planning and project controls issues.
- Schedule resource and cost information into programmes to enable earned value management.
- Participate in contract reviews with regards to programme management and planning.
- Working with the department heads and construction delivery teams to find ways to improve project programmes.
- Baseline and analyse ongoing project progress and performance, assessing time related risks and the impact to programme.
- Liaising with customers, internal department heads, and supply chain to organise, integrate and schedule phases of the construction plan.
- Manage and review project plans including resource, histograms, construction schedules and manufacturing plans.
- Keeping the customer's team fully appraised of progress against programme.
- Presenting information for internal meetings on the project, including baseline programmes
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- A good understanding of the construction industry, including design, procurement, production and commissioning processes.
- Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project / Asta
- Strong IT skills - must have experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
- A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job