Based in beautiful offices, a stone’s throw from Buckingham Palace, an international private equity firm are looking to recruit a junior company secretary to join their team. This is a brand-new role and there is the opportunity for the post holder to take on a large responsibility within the company.
The Company Secretary is expected to provide company secretarial services not only for the Company but also for its subsidiaries and investee companies as may be required from time to time. The Company Secretary is expected to ensure that the requirements of Companies Act are met, i.e.,
- That board/committee/shareholder meetings are properly administered and recorded
- That the list of Directors is kept up-to-date
- To ensure that the AGM, EGMs etc are properly administered
- Membership records are kept up-to-date.
- Annual returns are made to regulatory bodies as appropriate and in the correct format
- The Company Secretary also has responsibility for ensuring that reporting is carried out for all other regulatory bodies
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that board/committee meetings and the AGM of the Company and portfolio companies are run according to the constitution and Companies Act requirements
- Ensure nominations for director are received in time and in the correct format
- Ensure voting procedures are followed correctly
- Ensuring that any required business is dealt with (such as appointment of auditors).
- Ensuring that board/committee meetings including decisions and actions are adequately minuted
- Review and maintain D & O insurance for the Company and its subsidiaries
- Intellectual Property Management
- Liaison between the directors/shareholders and the portfolio companies
- Liaising with banks on due diligence matters and on-going KYC requirements;
- Cold review of accounts and approval for sign off.
- Effecting necessary statutory fillings with the regulatory Authorities for change in directors/officer’s details, appointment and resignation of directors and officers, accounts filing, Annual return filling, registration of charges and satisfactions of same as and when necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of the accounts of the group companies from compliance perspective along with being the main contact for overseas subsidiaries/associates or related companies to ensure respective statutory deadlines are being met for overseas companies in respect of accounts filling;
- Assist in VAT investigations where applicable;
- Set up new companies under the applicable laws following the growth of the business as well as closing down dormant/inactive entities that have served their purpose;
- Create and maintain the necessary registers of the new companies;
- Maintain proper records of all portfolio companies under management.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, ACCA partly qualified or related discipline. Qualification/experience in Company Secretarial and Compliance are preferred
- Knowledge of accounting is a plus but not mandatory as the successful candidate will be required to ensure proper internal controls are in place regarding payments, transfers and the like
- This role requires the candidate to be willing to learn and explore how to improve the systems and processes such that it benefits the businesses in the long run.
- Other qualifications include:
- Experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit in management or compliance capacity
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical compliance skills.
- Should be able to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization.
Hours 09:00 - 18:00
Health & Insurance
Free lunches everyday
Salary £28,000 - £30,000