A leading British e-commerce business are recruiting a Junior Commercial Finance Analyst to join their Commercial Finance team based in Central London on a 3 month contract basis.
The analyst role supports the finance manager and will work predominantly within the finance team however there may be requirements for some business partner engagement at an analyst and manger level.
The successful candidate will be required to provide accurate information appropriate for distribution to the key business partners in a timely manner, will be responsible for producing relevant management account information and maintaining their balance sheets. As well as production of the financial information the role is expected to have a strong understanding of key drivers, provide insight via variance analysis and highlighting and sharing clearly associated risks and opportunities. This position also needs to support the finance manager in the production and completion of all budgeting and forecasting deliverables.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited....
- To produce timely information for sales, margin, costs and stock as appropriate
- To identify risks and opportunities relating to sales, margin, costs and stock as appropriate
- To contribute the month end routines of the management accounts including journal entry and balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide detailed and clear analysis on trading performance including some recommendations to aid improvement.
- To undertake analysis for potential initiatives using financial modelling techniques
- Provide quality insight to performance via clear and concise commentary
- To become familiar with and report on KPIs highlighting risks and opportunities
- To support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- To analyse capital proposals and monitor and report on performance and return
- To assess the possible cost and return on promotions / events both prior to and after delivery
- To interpret non-financial information and rework it into financial reports
- To produce reports which are easily understood by non-financial people
- To make recommendations to their line manager to improve reporting and analysis
- High standard of accuracy with financial and statistical data
- Able to organise own work and to take initiative
- Resilient and able to manage a complex workload
- Commercially aware
- Customer focused
- Good communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of computerised accounting packages
- Advanced Excel skills and computer literate in other core applications
- Flexible and open to change
- Good team player
- Commercial Finance
- Variance Analysis
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'