Our client are a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth are seeking a Junior C# and SQL developer to join their team in Reigate.
You would be joining the growing Investment software development team, working in an agile environment. The team works in close collaboration with investment consultants and other business sponsors.
As a C# & SQL developer, your core responsibility will be the continued development and support of C# modelling applications. You will have the exciting opportunity to work on a highly visible project and, by coming in at an early stage, the chance to influence the project’s direction and success.
As part of the development team, you’ll be expected to:
- Contribute to the development of C# modelling applications including;
- Data Layer - C# classes
- Data Access - SQL stored procedures
- Data Repository - SQL tables
- Develop knowledge of the existing applications and an understanding of clients’ needs/processes to assist you in making appropriate recommendations and contribute effectively
- Deal professionally, incisively and in a timely manner with internal and external clients and effectively manage their expectations
- Have an active role within the team, collaborating, sharing knowledge and ideas, and influencing the direction of the team's development
- Take ownership of solutions for their full life cycle
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong knowledge of C#
- Have good knowledge of MS SQL database, T-SQL
- Have minimum of 1 years’ of professional experience.
- Have an excellent track record of delivering database and middle-tier solutions
- Have strong object oriented analysis and design experience, with good understanding of .Net framework architecture.
- Have math proficiency up to A-Level or higher
- Be a logical thinker, a problem solver, a diligent worker, a team player who thrives in a collegiate atmosphere
- Be passionate about technology and modern development tools and techniques
Desirable but not essential:
- Exposure to the wider .NET ecosystem; ASP.NET, WPF
- Experience of TDD