Our Buying Department is at the forefront of our success. Not only is this one of our largest and fastest expanding Head Office Departments, it influences every product in every store; from the way a product tastes to how the packaging looks to the retail price, it all begins here.
In this very exciting and unique fast paced role as a Junior Buying Administration Manager within our Project team, you will be working independently and managing your own time, working closely with our Buying Department, coordinating the product group comparisons and ensuring desired changes to our range are processed correctly by the relevant stakeholders. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing projects within our Buying Department ensuring they are completed efficiently and to a high standard. Furthermore this role offers room to grow and to develop further within the Department.
You might have a background in Commercial/Buying Support, Analyst positions within the retail or FMCG sectors. If you're used to working in fast paced environments and are keen to grow your skills in a dynamic team with plenty of room for growth, we'd love to hear from you!
Please note: internally your job title will be Senior Officer in line with our internal job title structure
What will you do?
- Working independently and taking full ownership and responsibility for tasks and projects under their remit
- Overseeing assortment development support
- Responsible for assortment related reporting
- Coordinating of Product Group Comparisons including consolidation and analysis of key data
- Primary contact for International to manage key stakeholders
- Coordination of international tasks across the Buying Department
- Rolling out the LEAN management philosophy
- Support of Rollout of new systems and processes
- Managing and implementing projects including EDI and warehouse openings
- Coordinating training plans and conducting internal training
- Being the regional contact for newspaper issues
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
What will you need?
- German language skills are essential (level B1 as a minimum) - you'll need to have an intermediate knowledge and be comfortable having conversations in German, but we do not expect full fluency
- Confident communicator, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills with experience of manipulating data
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent multi-tasker with very strong organisational skills
- Process driven with a good understanding of the bigger picture
- Methodical and analytical
- Previous project coordination experience
- A full UK driving licence would be desirable
What do we offer?
- £28,000 – £44,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays) rising to 35 days after 2 years of employment
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects