About the company:
Gategroup is the leading independent global provider of products, services and solutions related to a passenger’s on-board experience. We specialize in catering and hospitality, provisioning and logistics; and on-board products and services to companies that serve people on the move.
Our portfolio is designed to meet the fast-changing needs of our customers around the world. We do this by offering end-to-end solutions through our group of companies. While each company addresses a specific market need, together they can also operate in an integrated way to provide a 'one-stop-shop’ for our customers.
Reporting to the Global Procurement Manager (Food), the Junior Buyer role is responsible for supporting the Global Procurement Manager in leading and implementing the Procurement Strategy and covering all procurement activities related to the Category across all gategroup entities globally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering key Procurement projects as identified in the Category Plan. Engage and receive support from stakeholders. Run project meetings, maintain project plans and communicate clear actions and progress to ensure on time and as expected delivery of main project activities.
- Support Global Procurement Manager with data management and analytics. Gather, challenge and verify accuracy of data. Manage and finalise current situation, scenario and potential cost propositions. Communicate findings, assumptions and challenges clearly and efficiently.
- Run Procurement tenders and negotiate initial proposals from suppliers. Produce clear recommendations and negotiation plans.
- Manages SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) Programme with assigned suppliers. Gather data from across the business, produce clear and accurate reporting, manage supplier meetings, communicate and allocate actions as appropriate.
- Produce monthly Procurement KPIs, including spend analytics, supplier performance and benefit tracking against budget
- Support in defining annual Budget and report actual category performance monthly by project against budget
- Communicate Company Procurement Strategy effectively to the supply base.
- Participating in Group, Centre of Excellence or Group Procurement projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to a degree level in Business or equivalent related work experience
- Previous procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of a procurement category strategy and procurement category benefits including financial savings
- Experience of effectively handling multiple stakeholder groups and creating networks
- Experience of working with a fragmented user base in multiple locations
- Experience in purchasing of food, beverage & consumable products (desirable)
- Some understanding of relevant strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
Skills & Knowledge:
- Amiable personality with the ability to engage and build relationships
- Strong verbal and numerical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Email, Access, Excel, SharePoint)
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong attention to details with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic Sourcing
- Tender Management
- Supplier Performance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'