Junior Buyer required. My client is a leading manufacturer in the consumer goods market who due to continued growth are now seeking a Junior Buyer to join their team. This position would suit a candidate with a proven procurement background gained within a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
The ideal candidate will be involved with all aspects of the purchasing department and procurement cycle with a focus on the purchasing of raw materials and services to meet customer requirements. The successful Procurement Coordinator will also be involved with improving, developing and streamlining the companies' procurement strategy in order to deliver cost savings across the board.
It is envisaged that the successful Junior Buyer will be involved with both direct and in-direct procurement and will work in a department that has a multi-million pound annual spend. This position will also require the Purchasing Coordinator to liaise & negotiate with suppliers, prepare tenders & ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
Junior Buyer Position Overview
- Responsibility for various aspects of the purchasing department
- Responsible for direct and in-direct procurement.
- Liaise & negotiation with suppliers, prepare tenders and ensure customer requirements are fulfilled
- Improve, develop and streamline company procurement strategy
- Working across multiple departments whilst reporting to the Senior Buyer
Junior Buyer Position Requirements
- Previous experience gained within a fast paced high volume manufacturing environment (consumer goods based would be a distinct advantage)
- Experienced Procurement professional
- IT Literate
- CIPS qualification (Would be a distinct advantage)
- Track record of effective cost saving & process improvements
Junior Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary £20,000 - £25,000+ (Dependent upon experience)
- 28 days' holiday including bank holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job