Highly organised and dedicated Junior Buyer / Purchasing Assistant is required for a fantastic, successful company who supplies fabulous products to retailers in the UK, US and worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have 1+years’ experience already working in a purchasing role, within a wholesale office and have experience purchasing products from China
This is a great role for someone looking to progress within a buying/purchasing career.
In this Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant position your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with product team providing most up to date costings from suppliers
- Guiding product team to use most cost-effective supplier for each product/range
- Ensuring all costing templates are correct and updated accordingly
- Building good relationships with suppliers, ensuring best prices are achieved
- Cross quoting and grouping products to find ways to reduces costs
- Raising purchase orders with Far East and European suppliers
- Liaising with the suppliers and feeding back with any updates to the team
- Ensuring that the suppliers are working to relevant terms
- Working closely with supply chain team ensuring key critical path dates are achieved
- Keeping on top of daily administration to ensure a smooth running of all of the above
The right person for this Junior Buyer / Purchasing Assistant role will have:
- 1+ years’ experience within buying or purchasing is essential
- Must have experience purchasing products from China
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of working in a busy, high pressured environment where you have shown an extra level of commitment
- Be a natural born organiser with a professional attitude and mature approach
- Have excellent administrative and advanced excel experience
- Be proactive, a strong communicator and thrive on working to tight deadlines
- Excellent spoken/written English, to business level
Please contact Lucy Earing for a chat about this fabulous Junior Buyer / Purchasing Assistant role.