Junior Business Development Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: Up to £30,000 + OTE + benefits + options
Location: UK - Southampton
Our client is a well-backed, high-growth software company pioneering the adoption of its powerful AI-driven predictive maintenance software product into the manufacturing and industrial sectors.
Its cutting-edge cloud-based product provides truly scalable prognostics and advanced condition monitoring analysis automatically without the need for expert manual analysis. Due to continued high growth, plans for future fund raising, and strong client traction, they are seeking to engage a junior sales and business development associate with a proven track record to help support the sales team and help to secure their position as the market leader.
Over the next two years, the company has ambitious plans to grow its UK and European installed base and the junior sales and business development associate will play a key role in providing the right level of support to help realise this.
This is an excellent, exciting opportunity for someone who already has had some exposure to selling Software as a Service (SaaS) products, has undertaken a sales role and feels they are looking to take the next step in an expanding company that is going places. This Package comes with a competitive basic salary and excellent company benefits & bonus scheme.
This is a UK based role, with travel expected for client visits and attending trade shows as well as some office work. You will report directly to the head of sales and work with sales and marketing colleagues to focus on acquiring new customers. As the company continues to grow and expand, there will be exciting future promotion opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing an Account Based Marketing strategy
- Present our client's product and services online, over the phone and in person to new and existing customers to enhance the relationships
- Giving strategic input into the Senseye sales & marketing cycle
- Developing genuine rapport with owned accounts
- Creatively identifying, researching and contacting potential new prospects.
- Clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to nurture new business relationships. Proposal development and writing reports to support opportunities
- Market research & analysis
Key experience should include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of Software as a Service sales experience (essential).
- Having a proven track record of supporting B2B software sales to large multi-nationals.
- Having a good knowledge of the sales process - inbound and outbound marketing, proposal writing, and sales funnel realisation.
- Having good industry experience and understanding of the UK automotive manufacturing industry (desirable).
- Having the ability to handle objections eloquently, emphasising the positives of the company's product.
- Thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, highly autonomous & driven for success.
- An outgoing personality, with a positive and enthusiastic outlook. S.M.A.R.T attitude.
- Excellent research & analytical skills.
- Experience using a CRM system.
- Lead development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 1-3 years of Software as a Service sales experience (essential)
- proven track record of supporting B2B software sales to large multi-nationals
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job