Junior Enterprise Architect / Business Analyst / enterprise architecture / BPMN / User stories
Your new company
Hays client is looking to add a Business Analyst or Junior Architect to their team to help them through an integral period of the programme.
Your new role
- Working with business stakeholders to understand and define the business architecture (functions, services and capabilities) and getting sign-off from business stakeholders.
- Working with internal IT stakeholders to understand the technology and application landscape.
- Adopting and embracing the existing reference architecture model, identifying and populating the gaps, and driving this through to completion.
- Defining and gathering relevant meta-data on technology and application components eg end of life / end of support dates. Injecting this into the reference architecture, to be able to derive meaning and insight.
- Defining and documenting the standards around maintenance of the Reference Architecture.
- Documenting any key, repeatable processes around architecture changes, and the Technical Design Authority.
- Creating basic entity relationship diagrams to represent the high-level data architecture.
- Working with the Senior Enterprise Architect to define associations between technology and application components by producing technology views of each of client's existing systems.
- Improving design governance and auditability by locking into the ITIL Release process, and ensure solution designs are signed-off correctly.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or relevant qualification.
- Qualification or certification in a recognised Architecture Framework eg TOGAF.
- Experience of using recognised modelling notations eg Archimate, BPMN.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in an IT and/or Digital environment.
- Experience in Business Analysis / Business Architecture and in the development of Operating Model artefacts, business capability views, business requirements and organisational design.
- A team player able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, combined with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Track record of being able to quickly understand and assess current business architecture / operating model.
- Experience of major technology change (highly advantageous).
- TOGAF v9 accredited (highly advantageous).
- Experience of Orbis iServer and Business Optix, or other architecture/process modelling tools.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to land a 6 to 12 month contract with an organisation right in the middle of large transformation programme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.