Preqin Solutions is seeking a Configuration Tech/Analyst for our software implementation team in London. If you're curious about software, and love to build, tinker and analyse models (maybe you know a little SQL or VBA but are not a software engineer? Great at building Excel models but not a seasoned Analyst?), and if you have a logical and friendly approach to problem-solving, we'd love to hear from you.
This position will work with a small, energetic, and intelligent team in London to configure our finance software for clients during and after software implementation. It requires familiarity with financial concepts, Excel skills, and good communication skills. We are looking for curiosity and an interest in working at the intersection of Finance and Technology.
Preqin Solutions is a software company specialised in portfolio company management solutions for the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry. Based in London, UK with offices in New York, Texas, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Hong Kong, Preqin Solutions brings significant consulting expertise in combination with technology competency. Our product architecture and design provides our clients with a flexible and cost efficient method for performance monitoring, reporting and valuations.
In 2016, Preqin Solutions became part of Preqin. This partnership combines the alternative assets expertise of both firms to address the rapidly increasing market demand for transparent, accurate, and actionable fund and investment data from both limited and general partners.
Objectives of the Position
The Configuration Tech/Analyst will work as part of a Product team to support configuration for clients during implementation and ongoing support. The Configuration Tech/Analyst will also work on new ideas and proofs of concept for new features and functionalities. Independent problem-solving, effective communication, and Excel expertise are key to this role.
- Configuration and trouble-shooting in the monitoring and valuation models in our software
- Setup of models and workflows to client and product owner specifications
- Involvement in process-improvement projects in response to business needs, including contributing to development and implementation of new business processes and best practices
- Ability to follow directions, but also think independently
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Intermediate Excel and an interest in developing skills to a high standard
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skill at configuring and troubleshooting software
- Working knowledge of finance concepts helpful
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent (Accounting or Finance helpful but not required)
For the position, we offer:
- Bonus potential
- 24 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays)
- Free access to gym and swimming pool in the office building
- Study support for professional training or to gain relevant qualifications
- A challenging job and superior development perspectives in a fast growing, innovative company with room for your own initiative
- The opportunity to challenge yourself while shaping the future of a company
- A working climate based on mutual trust and co-operation
- Working directly with senior level executives
- We are an energetic office with a foundation in innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Standard working hours (full-time, 9.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday)
Salary dependent on experience £28,000 - £34,000 per annum + quarterly performance bonus