Junior Brand Sales Executive - Media Advertising - National Brands
Our client, recently voted Media Company of the year, is looking to take on a confident, articulate and ambitious media sales professional to join it's growing team in Bristol.
You will be trained, developed and working with some of the best media sales people in the industry. You will be selling, marketing, promoting into an extremely well-established magazine portfolio.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to progress your career in the media sector. Clear routes to progress, commission, structure and an excellent working environment based in the heart of Bristol.
We are looking for a hungry and dynamic Junior Brand Sales Executive to join a fast paced, ambitious and successful team. Placed within the Branded Content division, this is a key sales role selling to direct response agencies and clients to maximise profits and achieve the budgeted revenue targets.
- To achieve, and where possible exceed, the budget levels for revenue, minimum yield and pagination.
- To attend industry and client events to help support and promote their brand
- To track year-on-year performance growing revenue and share
- To grow magazine market share in a competitive context
- To adhere to our clients 'Advertising Guidelines’ to ensure brand safety and integrity
- To grow the yield on your business and adhere to the discount parameters outlined in our clients strategic pricing matrix
- To achieve and where possible exceed the required daily call out rate of 90 minutes (minimum) and effective call rate (15 effectives per day)
- To speak directly with our clients when necessary to report on successes/changes
- To sell on a series basis where-ever possible
- To ensure all competitive leads are chased within a week of a competitor’s on-sale date
- To actively sell across our client portfolio driving revenues with cross-title advertising deals
- To make regular contact with the top 30 clients and look to maintain and where possible grow their revenue
- To drive revenues and yield through composite advertorials where appropriate
- To plan and implement a programme of composite advertorials to sell over a number of issues.
- To ensure all Impress notes are up to date in terms of client and agency contacts, updated contact report and order confirmations.
- To ensure all bookings are inputed correctly on Impress with particular notice being paid to the client/agency contact, rate, order number and copy contact
- To ensure the production policies are adhered to and that there is a smooth working relationship and communication with the two teams
- To close your issues on stipulated deadlines
- To introduce new clients to the business on a weekly/monthly basis
- To target relevant clients/client sectors based on editorial features/specials
- To utilise all available marketing, sales and service functions and facilities so as to maximise clients satisfaction, address clients needs and secure maximum revenue
- To devise simple pitch documents which demonstrate the value and effectiveness of our client’s brands
- To build a file of case studies and testimonials to demonstrate the effectiveness of advertising in our client’s brands
- To communicate magazine/brand updates, editorial features and other market insights to your client base
Knowledge and insight:
- To maintain an excellent knowledge of your client’s brand and their immediate competition
- To be able to articulate your brand’s strengths in a competitive context and sell against the competition
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushes yourself to achieve goals and plans. Proactive and self-motivated. Hungry to prove yourself and be successful.
- Intellectual Capacity - Bright and intelligent; comfortably deals with concepts and complexity; sharp, capable and agile; keen to learn and develop; learns quickly and enjoys the challenge of new things; experiments for solutions.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting expectations; acts with the customer in mind; establishes good relationships; gains trust and respect.
- Action Oriented - Able to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment; full of energy for challenges; seizes opportunities.
- Print or digital advertising sales experience is essential
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
- Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within sales process
- Good communication, administration and business skills
Please call John Ross on the numbers provided for further information or submit your CV direct via this portal.
- Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'