My client, an Accountancy & Business Advisory Firm with offices throughout the UK are looking to recruit within their large Shared Service Centre based in Liverpool City Centre.
Your role as Junior Bookkeeping Assistant will give you the opportunity to increase your skill set, experience and in turn develop your career within accounts where you will client face and both liaise with clients and our regional client teams.
- Support regional client facing outsourcing teams with basic bookkeeping, accounts payable, credit control and ad-hoc processes. Operating these processes remotely and in a timely manner.
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to support monthly reporting processes and VAT compliance.
- Reconcile accounting information to supplier statements, bank statements and other sources to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Process invoices against POs through invoice register, supplier set up, payment runs, creditor reports, invoice breakdowns, end month accruals and supplier reconciliations.
- Assisting with payment/invoice queries with client and supplier via emails and phone calls.
- Actively assist in standardising process and look for process efficiencies.
- Manage multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to provide these processes, ensuring clients are provided with excellent service.
- Support peers and senior members of the team with any work requirements, ensuring tasks assigned are completed on schedule and always maintaining awareness of the budget.
- Work with Microsoft excel and various desktop and/or cloud accounting packages.
- Provide support to other teams during their busy periods if primary commitments allow you to do so.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Interest in finance/accounting and willingness to learn how to use accounting packages.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft packages
- Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise/complete tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
Please note that no professional training contract is provided with this role. However ongoing training is provided to meet specific needs.
A competitive salary and an attractive and extensive benefits package are offered with this role.
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliations
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'