Job Title: Junior AutoCAD Technical Designer
Location: West Malling, Kent
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum Pension, holiday, bonus scheme
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has an exciting new role for a junior AutoCAD Technical Designer to join a busy and profitable division within the business. The successful candidate will be part of a larger team, working closely with sales, project management and purchasing.
The ideal candidate will focus on providing a full design package, producing technical design drawings using AutoCAD in accordance with Building Regulations codes of practice and liaising closely with clients for approval.
They are looking for someone with ambition, drive and some working knowledge of technical design and detailing. A background in construction and especially steelwork would be advantageous.
- Producing 2D CAD drawings from surveys / client's layouts to send for approval
- Carry out structural calculations relevant to the general arrangement drawing produced
- Liaise with clients, developers and site crews
- Produce Building Regulation applications when required
- Operate with engineers and building control when required
- Inform the salesperson of any cost implications if the project has any changes
- Be prepared to be involved in all design activities including assisting other members of the team with their works if a situation arises that necessitates this action
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good GSCE grades in English and Maths
- At least a year's experience of using AutoCAD
- Ability to produce clear and informative production drawings, and technical information
- Excellent time management skills
- Possess a good level of IT skills, be literate and adequately numerate to undertake a reasonable level of technical calculations
Investment in their people is a top priority for the Company. They will provide you with training opportunities and recognise that skills development is a key to progression within their business.
The Company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions for major logistics and manufacturing centres in Europe. Their services maximise space and help optimise storage, warehousing & distribution and production processes for today's evolving businesses. Amongst any others, our customer include: Amazon, Dematic, The Hut.com, Link 51, Parcelforce, DHL, Sainsbury, Tesco, Lidl, GSK, Rolls Royce, Amec, Arup, Laing O'Rourke, Balfour Beatty and many more.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Junior AutoCAD Technical Designer, CAD Technician, AutoCAD, Junior AutoCAD Estimator, Computer Aided Design, CAD Designer, Engineering Designer, Trainee AutoCAD Design Engineer, AutoCAD Technician, Construction AutoCAD Designer may also be considered for this role.
- CAD Designer
- CAD Technician
- Computer Aided Design
- AutoCAD Technician
- Engineering Designer
- Junior AutoCAD Technical Designer
- Junior AutoCAD Estimator
- Trainee AutoCAD Design Engineer
- Construction AutoCAD Designer may also be considered