Junior Asset Valuer
A leading surplus solutions company has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Asset Valuer to join their team based in Leeds.
They operate a network of e-commerce marketplaces that enable buyers and sellers to transact in an efficient, automated environment offering over 500 product categories.
They hold contracts to supply Asset Management Services, including Asset Valuation, Management and Disposal. The client base includes Lenders, Leasing Companies, Multinational Corporations.
Their valuations are used by a range of clients for different purposes including financing, tax purposes, acquisition and restructuring. The client base is based globally and the role will include interaction with colleagues in Europe, APAC and North America.
About the role:
Valuations will cover primarily Machinery and Equipment, however may extend to inventory and accounts receivable. As their Junior Asset Valuer, you will be initially providing support and assistance to the existing team of valuers supporting ongoing valuation work which may include industry analysis, machinery investigations to include costings, market, maintenance and additional points which may impact the valuation of the asset.
Valuations are completed on either a desktop basis or require inspection which involves attending the facility which can be within the UK and Europe so some travel will be required. On-site inspections are typically 1 - 2 days, on occasions may extend to 5 working days.
Within the initial training period, you would be working in conjunction with an experienced valuer in addition to possibly working independently on smaller valuations on a desktop basis with guidance provided.
Their expectation would be within 12-18 months you would be working independently on projects under the guidance of a Manager who would provide you with ongoing guidance and support.
- Ideally, you will have an interest in machinery and process engineering although this is not essential as there will be plenty of opportunities for the successful applicant to see and experience a wide range of manufacturing processes
- A Degree or equivalent qualification - we are also willing to look at candidates with A Levels with work experience
- Able to use Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, Powerpoint products
- Prepared to undertake direct professional valuation qualifications (ASA)
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills and time management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time deadlines
- Excellent written and graphic communication skills
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Good communicator
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willing and able to regularly travel throughout the UK and Europe, which on occasions may include long days or overnight stays, in particular with European travel
- Ability to speak an additional language is preferable but not essential
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including: Junior Asset Valuer, Trainee Asset Inspector, Trainee Asset Valuer, Data Analyst, Junior Inspector, may also be considered.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'