Junior Applications Developer
As a Junior Applications Developer at NewLaw, you will get exposure to many of the systems that the company relies on, including our new Case Management Software. We are going through the largest Digital Transformation the company has ever seen, because of this we need a Junior Applications Developer to join us to support the team and the fantastic work happening within the company. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, we have the ideal opportunity for you.
A day in the life of a Junior Applications Developer at NewLaw will involve:
- Developing, maintaining & supporting of CMS & PMS systems.
- Ensuring that design is consistent with agreed standards and practice
- Providing support to the IT Service Desk team
- Ensuring support calls are managed within SLA and resolved to the satisfaction of the Customer
- Documenting and understanding all known issues / re-occurring requests for help to ensure long term resolution
- Working with Business Analysts, Test Analysts and the customer to ensure the end product meets the specification and required functionality
- Ensuring that code quality is in line with agreed standards
- Implementing software updates without configuration and version errors
- Supporting Testing
- Under the guidance of more senior developers, make amendments and improvements to existing workflows.
To be a successful Junior Applications Developer within NewLaw, you would need:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7 or 10
- Experience of working with a CMS or PMS system, such as SolCase/Visual Files/Proclaim
- Understanding of databases and/or SQL language.
- Experience of working within the legal industry
- Knowledge of Oyez or Laserforms
- Experience of interacting with / using .NET/JAVA applications
- Able to work on a range of projects to specification and timescales
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- An IT related degree
In return for your commitment and expertise, we offer:
- 18k to 23k salary, dependant on experience.
- 31 days annual leave, increasing annually to a maximum of 35 days (This includes bank/public holidays)
- A 20% discount with EE.
- Local shop discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
- A "Recommend a Friend" bonus scheme, up to £1250 per referral.
- City Centre location right by Queens Street Station, 10 min walk from Cardiff Central.
- And of course, pension.
Why would you want to work with NewLaw?
NewLaw is a leading specialist law firm and is part of the £527m Redde plc group. NewLaw is ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for three areas; Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Private Client services. Our fresh approach to managing personal injury claims has made us a major force in the sector since we were first established in 2004. Our teams of specialists provide a service that 95% of our clients would recommend.
If you like what we have to offer and want to hear more, please apply today!
- Application Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'