Agenda Life Sciences, the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, are working in collaboration with the University of Cambridge, best known for their pioneering work which has led to major improvements in people’s lives.
We are currently seeking a Junior Animal Technician. This position would ideally suit someone who has a passion for the welfare of animals whilst contributing to advancements in the research industry. This vacancy will provide an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in this field.
As a Junior Animal Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of service and be expected to follow key animal care protocols in order to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- You must have practical experience, having cared for animals in a work or voluntary capacity
- Have a versatile working attitude
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General husbandry, including feeding, watering, preparation and changing of cages
- Medical examinations
- Maintain detailed, accurate records regarding breeding, health, welfare and environmental checks
- Adhere to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Welfare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job