Work from Home - (1 weeks training in the office)
Hours: 9-5.30pm (Core hours 10am - 4pm)
Salary: £23K to £25K
My client is looking for someone who is a smart and hard worker, who gets there head down and learns quickly. At least 1 years experience would be beneficial to this role. They are offering a fantastic opportunity to the right person to teach them the accounting function and wider finance aspect of Accounting.
The role is part of a small finance team of 4, reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will require a motivated, organised, dynamic and skilled individual who is able to work accurately under pressure.
You will be started off dealing with the Accounting Process:
• Accounts Processing
Maintain sales and purchase ledgers, bank reconciliations, process expense claims, company credit cards, make supplier payments, fixed assets, account reconciliations, inventory from Group companies.
Once you have shown good knowledge of the AP side of things you will be given a staggered additional work load to learn and use, such as credit Control:
• Credit Control
Generate and issue customer statements. Cash intake to be improved to 30 days and held there through better following up on project issues delaying cash collection and improved commitment controls.
Next you will be handed:
• Cash Management
Monitor group bank accounts. Cash forecasting.
• Monthly Management Accounts Production Capability
Assist with month end processing to ensure that the monthly management reports are produced within four days of the month end and will contain no surprises or material errors.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Studying for ACCA/CIMA/ACA/AAT
• Accounts preparation within a SME environment
• Experience using Sage, Quickbooks, or equivalent
• Excellent accounting skills with a strong foundation in double entry
• Advanced Excel skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience working with external auditors would be desirable
Skills & Competencies:
• Effectiveness – Able to build and develop the production capability of the finance function.
• Integrity – Has a high standard of ethics and willingness to defend it.
• Intelligence – Able to learn how the organization operates and identify critical areas to monitor and control.
• Analytical Skills – To draw insight from the available data.
• Attention to detail – High degree of accuracy and is aware of inconsistencies in data and information.
• Proactivity – Makes improvements and develops reporting without the need for management input.
• Work ethic – Will get the job done and have the necessary commitment to meet deadlines.
• Teamwork – Is able to work within a small team, on a home working basis, and be able to complement, and learn from, the skills and experience of other team members.
My client offer a range of great benefits including a pension scheme, life assurance, Income Protection Insurance, cycle to work scheme and a share incentive plan scheme. A friendly and supportive working environment with real opportunities to excel and make a difference.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore further, please apply now!!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'