This is a fantastic opportunity to join 4media Group, a fast growing, creative group of media and research agencies based in a vibrant hub near Clerkenwell Green. We are on the lookout for a young, ambitious PR professional or recent graduate from a media, journalism or communications degree, with a can-do attitude and lots of enthusiasm to star their career in PR.
The successful candidate will sit on our media team, developing relationships with regional and national broadcast journalists, writing creative copy and learning the fundamentals of what makes a strong broadcast, research or video campaign.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate from a journalism, PR or related degree, with a strong personality and can-do positive attitude. Recent PR or work experience in radio is desirable but not necessary. .
We are on the hunt for a talented media pro with an eye for a news angle to join a growing team of talented broadcast professionals, to craft and sell-in engaging stories and campaigns for the media. Working with some of the biggest brands in the world, including, Rockstar Games, L’Oreal, Asda and we need smart, personable people to find the stories that will get the media and the public talking, so if this sounds like you, get in touch.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for selling in TV, radio and online campaigns direct to stations as required
- Develop relationships with key media contacts across these sectors
- Help to brainstorm and devise innovative and original ideas for campaign angles
- Support the wider team while also juggling a busy workload and helping out where needed with client admin support
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of current affairs by monitoring newspapers, magazines, TV news and online news, to help aid sell-in campaigns
- Writing press materials, including radio flags, press releases and cue sheets amongst others
What we’re looking for:
- An undergraduate degree in media, communications, journalism or PR
- Some experience working in a PR or media environment desirable
- An understanding and interest in the media industry and how it works
- A strong team player with both fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines, multitask and thrive in a busy office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and the ability to learn new IT systems quickly and easily
- Creativity and strong writing skills are a necessary
- Enthusiasm, a creative fair and a hunger for success
- A personable character who will connect with media contacts and develop relationships which will last for years to come