JOB TITLE: Junior 3D Artist
SALARY: Up to £25,000 depending on experience
ABOUT LIGHTWORK DESIGN
Lightwork Design has been a leading force in the computer graphics industry for over 25 years. Our products can be used in the form of a software development toolkit (SDK) for integration into leading CAD applications, as the rendering engine for an end-user focused visualisation application, and for use within major corporate organisations that have a demand for very high-quality ray-tracing.Our new Slipstream product allows large manufacturing companies to automate the translation of CAD data to games engines and therefore take advantage of the move to reviewing designs in virtual reality (VR).
This is an exciting time to join Lightwork Design as we take Slipstream forward.
We are looking to fill an additional role as Junior 3D Artist.
The role has two primary objectives:
- To assist in the creation of stunning images, animations and marketing materials for internal and external customers and report to the Senior 3D Artist.
- To generate content to support the VR and SDK products, this includes content such as material libraries, backplate images, HDRIs and 3D environments.
- Assist in creation of stills and animations for external clients.
- Assist in creation of marketing support materials and presentations for use by the commercial team - still images and animations.
- Generation of content for use within the shipped products.
- 3D modelling.
- Internal power user of applications built on the rendering engine.
- Creation of content for VR experiences.
- Testing and user feedback on new products developed around the rendering engine.
- Awareness and benchmarking of competitive products.
- Attend exhibitions, conferences and user groups as required
- Be an advocate of our products to the wider visualisation community.
We undertake 3D visualisation work for external customers. This work is primarily done using the Iray for 3dsMax render plugin, but not exclusively. Other modelling and rendering applications may be used depending on the client’s requirements. We require a self-motivated individual with a creative flair and knowledge to take projects from a customer brief, estimate time required and liaise with the Senior 3D Artist throughout the project, and deliver the final results in a timely manner and to the highest standards.
We also generate content to support our marketing team in selling our services, applications and products. Content is in the form of images, animations, realistic materials, HDRIs for lighting, and images for backplates - for use across the SDK and Slipstream products.
It is expected that the individual will become an internal user of new products based around both the rendering engine and Slipstream, and provide testing and feedback to the development teams. As such, this role will form part of the commercial support team and will be involved in all the above usage cases, but also work closely with the company's development teams.
PERSON SPECIFICATION for the role of: Lightworks 3D Artist
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant degree (technical or related creative field)
- 3D modelling and re-modelling
- Autodesk3dsMax experience
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of working in a customer focused technical and developmental environment
- Fast learner and adaptable to range of projects at concept and detail level
- Understanding of work-flow of taking CAD data through to high-end imagery
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Able to prioritise
- Able to multi-task
- Deadline driven
- Excellent team worker
- Must be interested in CAD and the rendering market
- Enthusiastic and creative
- A second language
- Use of high end rendering/visualisation products
- Worked within a task oriented environment
- Customer presentations
- Travel and remote working
- Ability to communicate with both software engineers and commercial staff
- Autodesk Maya, Chaos Vray
- Unreal Engine, Unity and Substance Designer
- Understanding of CAD usage and CAD data
- Commercially astute
The company offers a modern comfortable work environment, flexible working times, pension, free parking, Westfield, free refreshments, fruit and games breakout area. We have regular company social outings and other activities throughout the year.
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours a week.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter.
You will be required to bring some of your portfolio work should you be successful for interview.
- 3D Modeling
- Communication Skills
- Solution Focused
- Deadline Driven