Australian Associated Press is Australia’s national news agency, providing news, photos and information services to the media, commercial organisations and government. We have a long history of integrity and trust and pride ourselves on upholding AAP's four key principles which ensure we strive to be supportive, honest, inclusive and positive.
We are looking for a journalist to join the London Bureau who will be responsible for creating news stories for our Australian subscribers that meet AAP’s high standards. The successful applicant will be part of a foreign correspondent team providing an unbiased, comprehensive and cost-efficient service to the Australian media.
Reporting to the London bureau chief you will:
- ensure the agency’s journalistic principles of balanced, accurate and fair reporting are followed and not compromised
- produce quality coverage of the key stories of the day in your editorial area
- respond quickly and creatively to unfolding events and provide rapid, accurate coverage of breaking stories in accordance with AAP’s filing protocols
The successful candidate will be an energetic professional with sound news judgment. They will possess good general knowledge, have an eye for detail and produce concise, well-angled copy.
To secure this position you will have:
- outstanding news judgment and knowledge of key local, national and international current affairs affecting communities
- outstanding time management skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing editorial environment utilising emerging technologies
- Significant experience in the Journalism industry
- outstanding communication skills
- outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- the ability to operate in a team environment contributing positively to AAP’s news file
- qualification in journalism preferred
Applications close 5 April 2018.