Jointer/Fitter (utilities infrastructure)
Role: Jointer/Fitter (utilities infrastructure)
Location: Tidworth or Aldershot (travel will be required)
Salary: £29,000 - £34,000 + company car + bonus + excellent benefits
The Jointer / Fitter role is to undertake jointing and fitter works on new and existing infrastructure projects up to and including 11kV associated with infrastructure at Aldershot and across Salisbury Plain. The Jointer / Fitter will work as part of the Project team carrying out jointing installation works and repairs to ensure continuity of supply to the MOD Network ensuring all maintenance and construction activities are completed in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. So, if you have the relevant experience for the Jointer / Fitter - apply today for more information.
- Provide practical support to deliver all planned works in relation to all Operations and Maintenance delivery requirements.
- Identify potential project risks/opportunities (raise awareness within team / company).
- Proactively seeking continuous improvement.
- All aspects of Safety, Health and Environment relevant to this project.
- To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices.
- Assist with the location of faults on distribution networks and restoration of LV supplies.
- Testing and switching on customer owned LV networks and acting appropriately.
- Supervision of excavating teams.
- LV and HV cable jointing up to and including 11kV and any other relevant jointing duties.
- Completion of work to the correct specification and efficient use of materials.
- Use of appropriate IT equipment including TDR, LV Faults sniffer and FFE equipment.
Skills and experience required:
- City and Guilds 2339 or equivalent.
- Evidence of training, such as a CIS card, of a site supervisor and operative.
- Flexibility and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve in a practical way.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must have a clean driving licence.
- Understanding operational and 1:500 diagrams.
- Medical, Drugs and Alcohol screening.
- Applicants must be able to achieve full Ministry of Defence Security Clearance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"