Our client Manufacturers and designers of bespoke displays and props primarily to the retail sector, and are seeking a new full-time estimator to join the expanding business. Working with multiple departments, including technical & creative design, joinery, spray finishing, CNC, large format digital print, acrylic fabrication, sculpting, distribution and site installation, Our client pride themselves on providing a one stop shop solution to their clients. You will be reporting directly to the Project Coordination Manager who will work with you to develop your knowledge and experience.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Accurately prepare quotes from client enquiries
- Ensure all quotes are processed in a timely manner.
- Consult with clients, suppliers and personnel in other departments to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Be commercially aware regarding competitive estimates with a view of offering best cost solutions.
- Talk with suppliers to obtain material prices and lead times.
- Aid in purchasing of material when necessary.
- Prepare handover documents to production
- Accurate record and time keeping.
- Involving colleagues in problem solving.
- Prepared to acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
Experience and requirements:
- Minimum 1 year estimating experience
- Pro-active, able to work on own initiative and also follow instruction when given
- Computer literate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members.
- Have an understanding of various materials including timber, acrylic, paint finishes and print media
- Be fully conversant with workshop machinery and there functionality coupled with performance capabilities and applications
- Knowledge of joinery manufacturing processes
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to be clearheaded and tactful.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Requirements: Minimum 1 year estimating experience
Start date: ASAP